When I say I have switched to completely organic, natural and herbal skin care and hair care, I mean it! I only use natural products on my face, body and hair which includes shampoo and conditioner which are so tough to find in market. But since I have turned natural, there is no going back. My skin and hair are doing so amazing that I haven’t got a zit in months. My hairfall, dandruff and all the damage has been reduced to almost 90% and all credits go to my #GoNatural routine.
People always get scared to colour their hair or they think doing makeup will spoil their skin ( I get these questions all the time) but let me tell you, If you take proper care of your skin and hair nothing will damage them.
All this rambling was necessary because what I’m going to tell you next might be the best thing you could include in your routine and could thank me later for introducing them to you.
Bekind is a brand which provide the purest herbal organic powders with which you can make your own cosmetics. They have amazing range of herbs and plants which are well known for their uses in Ayurveda and cosmetic making.
To explore their range of products: Click Here
1. Amla Powder:
We all know how beneficial Amla powder is for our hair. But there are so many more uses of it.
- It enhances hair color and stimulates hair growth, reducing hair fall and making them strong from the roots.
- Cures Dandruff and Lice.
- Anti aging properties. Helps to strengthen and revitalize your skin.
- It lessens the appearance of skin blemishes and fine lines making skin healthy, young and flawless.
How to use:
- Hair Mask: Add Amla powder with water making a paste ( not too thick not too thin) and apply it to the scalp evenly. Let it stay for 1/2 – 1 hour and then wash it off. For extra healthy results, add aloe vera gel or olive/ coconut/ essential oils to the given mixture.
- Face Mask: Make a mixture of Amla powder, Multani Mitti, Sandal wood powder, Aloe vera Gel ( optional) and make a paste by adding Rose water/ Milk or Yogurt ( or even Water). Apply this mixture for 15-20 minutes and then wash it off.
To Purchase: Click Here
2. White Turmeric:
I had never heard of White Turmeric and I guess most of you haven’t too. When I went to search about it, I came to know that there are two types of Turmerics: Yellow turmeric ( the normal household one ) and White turmeric ( known as Amba Haldi ). There is huge difference between these and both have significant value of their own. Here are some major uses of the Bekind White turmeric powder:
- Promotes Hair growth and cure dandruff.
- Has antiseptic properties which help heal the skin.
- Helps in getting rid of dry, flaky, itchy skin.
- Helps to get rid of pimples and acne.
- Brightens, even tones and brings glow to the skin.
How to use:
- Make Your Own Scrub: Mix White Turmeric with Kasturi Manjal (wild turmeric/turmeric) to make an antiseptic body scrub.
- Make Your Own Face Pack: Take 2 teaspoon White Turmeric Powder, add curd or rose water and apply it on the face. Let it stay for about 15-20 minutes then wash it off.
To purchase : Click here.
My Recipe for DIY Hair mask using these products for Healthy, Strong Hair.
- Add 2 spoons Amla powder in the bowl.
- Add 1 or 2 spoon of White turmeric powder. (I added 1)
- Add double the quantity of water i.e. 6 spoon of water to make thick consistency paste. ( not very thick, not very thin). If needed add more water i.e. 1-2 spoon of water to get desired consistency.
- Add Aloe Vera gel to the mixture and a drop of tea tree essential oil or few drops of coconut/olive oil to the mixture ( optional).
- Apply the mixture on the scalp evenly. If required on the hair too.
- Keep it for an hour or so and then wash it off with warm water and shampoo ( mild shampoo only).
Using this mask once a week will improve your hair condition and if you have chemically treated hair like I do, then this is the best solution for damage repair.
PS: It is really difficult to remove the dried amla powder from the hair which if not removed might cause mild itching. So use ample amount of water to remove it completely but DO NOT use more shampoo which will just kill the whole point of this mask.
List of products from Bekind:Shop all from here: Jas Naturals
Thanks for reading the blog. Hope you liked it. Love you all. xoxo. – Bareen